Road Trip 2010

Welcome to our Summer vacation!



Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fascinating Neighbors


It started raining hard around noon so we don't have much to do. We have been facinated  by our neighbor across the road. Actually she left in her car but we have been  watching the assortment of animals inside her motorhome as they crawl onto the dashboard for a peek outside at the world. So far we have counted three dogs and three cats. One of the dogs is a rather large Dalmation. Jack's comment was "I bet it stinks in there" I have to agree as I have not seen her walk her dogs outside at all!

I've spent another good portion of the day reading Bill Bryson's book " The Lost Continent, Travels in Small Town America" It is one of the few books I've read that has had me laughing out loud or as they say in "text language" ROFL (rolling on the floor laughing). As a child, his family took road trips that remind me of some of the trips my family took. I will have to let  my brother Randy read it and see if it revives the same memories.
Leaving in the morning for Renton and a few days with Jack's brother Gary.

No comments:

Post a Comment